COGNITIVISM VS BEHAVIORISM:
- Learning is studied through internal mental processes.
- Experiences are emphasized in Cognitivism.
- Learners are actively involved in processing information and connecting schema.
- Believes that learning can occur without Reinforcement.
- Draws from prior knowledge to connect new information to past experiences and strengthen understanding of new materials.
- Some aspects of learning are unique to Humans.
- Learning is studied only through observable behavior.
- Emphasize is on relationship b/w Stimuli and Responses.
- Learning is a passive response to Stimuli.
- Strengthens Desired Response through Reinforcement.
- All Organisms learn in same way.